Foreign (Non-U.S.) Vendors Obtaining a
U.S. Taxpayer ID Number

Business entities can obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN) by completing Form SS-4 (Application for Employer Identification Number). The IRS has established a special phone number (215-516-6999) for foreign applicants who wish to expedite the process.

Individuals can obtain either a social security number (SSN) or individual taxpayer identifiction number (ITIN), depending on the individual’s circumstances. Generally, individuals must visit a local office of the Social Security Administration to obtain an SSN. ITINs can be obtained by filing a completed Form W-7 with the IRS.

For IRS guidelines for Taxpayer Identification Numbers:
(See Section “Foreign Persons and IRS Employer Identification Numbers”)